Monday 6 December 2010

December morality poster


Here is December's subway morality poster. Again, it's aimed at that pesky gaijin who doesn't know how to ride the train properly. I have to say, I'm still getting the hang of it. Luckily I don't have to ride the train too often during rush hour, but I did the other day and it was interesting....

The train had pulled into the station and the carriage was already pretty full. I stupidly thought there was no room left for me, but obviously the people behind me weren't having any of that, so there was the obligatory shoving to get on. I went with the flow and got on, turned to face the door like everyone else and then waited for the doors to close and seal us all in. Then, some bloke obviously saw the potential for room for at least one more, so stood in the doorway with his back facing into the carriage. I was bemused at this point as he clearly wasn't going to fit in. How naive I was. Before I knew it, he'd taken a deep breath and with all his might, shot his backside backwards at full force into the carriage, sent us flying, and thus made room for himself. I'm constantly bemused by the contradictions here. People can on one hand be so polite, and on the other, be plain rude!

No comments:

Post a Comment