Wednesday 10 February 2010

Museum of Contemporary Art


I had heard of the Rebecca Horn exhibition and have been wanting to see it before it closed, so Michiko said she would come along with me. The Museum of Modern Art is a stunning modern building in a very "local" area and I loved walking along the quiet suburban streets and then coming across this gorgeous modern space with an interesting selection of exhibitions. I was only able to sneak a few photos before I was told off by a very nice security guard. It was interesting seeing the Rebecca Horn exhibition, although I don't have a lot to say about it! I knew that she used a lot of feathers, horns and mirrors in her work, and there were a lot of mechanical pieces and projections onto water. I wish that I could have got more of an explanation as to her thoughts behind some of the pieces, but it has made me want to research her work a bit more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment