Monday 7 December 2009

Quilt


Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I've become an unofficial quilter! I bought some antique kimono pieces a few weeks ago from a fabulous kimono shop and have finally found the time to cut out all the pieces. I then spent a good time on saturday afternoon, laying them all together so that they made some sense. Luckily our apartment is big enough to spread out! Now I just need to sew them all together....
We had a good weekend, even though poor Neil had to work all of saturday and sunday. On friday I officially became a lady who lunches and met up with some women from the Club at a very nice restaurant in Omotesando called Beacon. On friday evening I went to another production put on by the Tokyo International Players, an xmas production which was actually very funny! I then met up with Neil and we headed to a "British" pub on the 5th floor of a building, and had a pint, followed by dinner at a local restaurant. 
On saturday evening we went to a New Zealand restaurant called Aotea Rangi. The food menu was very simple (meat or seafood) but the wine list had 100 wines!!!! We were served by a very nice Japanese lad who had a Kiwi lilt to his accent.
On sunday I met up with the movie meetup group to go and see "Up" at a cinema in Shinjuku. I really enjoyed it and then we all went for a beer after that. There were some people there from the last meetup I went to, so it was good to see some familiar faces. I then met up with Neil and we went for scrummy pizza at our local restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment