Saturday 12 December 2009

Karaoke


Well, I had my first experience of Japanese karaoke last night! It was arranged through a meetup group I joined and consisted of a bunch of rowdy British expats who were all lovely and up for a sing along - or should I say shout along! We went to a fab place in Roppongi called Lovenet which looks more like a day spa than a dingy karaoke bar. There were individual rooms all done out like a Balinese retreat, with incense burning and moody lighting strategically placed. There was wonderful food laid on and endless drinks - all you had to do was pick up the phone on the wall, place your order and it would be delivered by a waiter within minutes! We sang all the classsics - Abba, Madonna, Queen, The Beatles, and one of the girls even managed to sing a Japanese song, reading the Japanese subtitles. Needless to say, I have no voice left this morning, but it was a fab night.

No comments:

Post a Comment