Monday 23 November 2009

Ginza


It was another public holiday today, but Neil had to work, so I decided to head off to Ginza to have a mooch around. I hadn't been there before, but it is the area where all the high-end shops are, as well as many big department stores, and the streets are closed to traffic at the weekend so that shoppers can stroll freely. There is also a fab stationary shop there called Itoya, which was my main reason for going, and I was not disappointed! It is a massive shop on 9 floors, and heaven for anyone who likes a good forage through gorgeous cards, papers, art materials etc. It's sign is a large red paperclip and I could see it in the distance as I forced myself through the crowds. Needless to say, I spent a pretty penny there and emerged hours later with bags full of gorgeous bits - not sure what I will do with them yet, but they are very satisfying to have. I then decided to go on a hunt for some nice knee length winter boots and ended up getting very upset and frazzled as it turns out that I have big hooves for feet and nothing fits me! One guy even laughed at me when I told him what size I required! I scurried away and have come to the conclusion that it is something to buy when I am back in England along with half my winter wardrobe...

No comments:

Post a Comment