Tuesday 11 August 2009

Nice day.


First of all, we had another earthquake last night! I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I was dreaming about it, and then suddenly realised that the bedroom was shaking! I heard from Keiko and she said that she had to hold onto her bookshelf in case it toppled over! She also said that it was a pretty long one, so now we have something to guage it on. Apparently the one on sunday was pretty big too. Hopefully this won't be too much of a regular thing!

Today I decided to try out my first yoga class at a local place called Yoga-Jaya. I was a bit nervous about it as I haven't done yoga for about a year, but it was fab and just what I needed. It was great to stretch the muscles, but also good to get out and meet new people, and I have decided to make it a regular thing. I have a feeling the body will be in shock tomorrow!

This afternoon I went to the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography and saw two interesting exhibitions - one was mostly lithographs and watercolours by a french artist in the late 1800s (see image above) and the other was a collection of photographs by different Japanese photographers with the common theme being travel. Both exhibitions were inspiring and have encouraged me to get the sketchbook out.

No comments:

Post a Comment